Our vision is for a society where people ﬁght poverty, tackle injustice, and realise their potential together.
Our principle mission is to:
- Relieve and prevent poverty, disadvantage and discrimination.
- Foster community cohesion.
- Promote social inclusion and reduce isolation, increasing health and well-being of those on the margins of the local community.
- Consider the needs of all people.
We are led by our values of:
- Respecting the unique worth of individuals and empowering them to fulﬁl their potential.
- Respecting the right of individuals and communities of interest to make their own choices and enabling them to make informed decisions.
- Valuing diversity and difference.
- Challenging discrimination in all its forms and promoting equality of opportunity.
- Working collaboratively with others.
- Providing the best service possible with the resources available.
- Providing services to meet immediate needs while undertaking activities to tackle the causes of need.
- Minimising impact on the environment and promoting sustainable development.
Serving the Community
We serve the local community in three ways by:
- Delivering our own services with children & their families, older people, newly arrived communities, and in the future unemployed people.
- Providing a home for other charities and community groups to run their own services and activities or their back office.
- Building stronger communities & campaigning with other charity, statutory bodies and community networks.