Do the current local information systems meet your needs for data and intelligence?
URGENT ACTION! DEADLINE: Friday 10th February
Wandsworth (and Richmond) Council are conducting a survey looking at the need for a “one stop shop” for local data and intelligence in Wandsworth and Richmond. We’ve been discussing this as the new Wandsworth Charities Thinking Group. We, the voluntary & community sector in the borough, can use this opportunity to be coordinated in asking for the support we need to be a more effective sector and further some of our aims as a group.
Here is the link to the survey: https://consultation.richmond.gov.uk/public-health/47530568/
Can I suggest we do two things:
1. Individually all fill in the survey and be very clear that the current data does not meet our needs, and ask for:
- A publicly accessible directory of all the voluntary & charity sector organisations in Wandsworth, attractively presented with web links
- Access to data about populations about each ward in one place, including ONS figures, population data, poverty and crime reports, JSNA etc., and identified needs/issues
- WBC and CCG commissioning annual calendars and opportunities to feed into the commissioning process from the start
- Regular funding opportunities e-news with trusts, foundations, and statutory funds, with deadlines, criteria and support available from officers for forming coalitions for joint bids and making applications.
- Data supporting the value of the voluntary sector to Wandsworth residents – our financial support and our collective impact (e.g. State of the Sector or SROI)
2. Write a joint letter from all of local organisations in Wandsworth asking for the above data. If you would be able to sign up to a letter, or add to it, please let me know by Friday (10th Feb) and I will send it on Monday. Email: [email protected]
The information and link to the survey is here: https://consultation.richmond.gov.uk/public-health/47530568/ The deadline is Friday 10th February.