KLS response to Corona Virus (as of 13Mar20)
At Katherine Low Settlement we are monitoring the situation daily of the spread of Corona Virus (Covid-19) and following the government’s advice.
We are currently open for business. Our services are running normally for now.
What we’re doing
- We’re all washing our hands often.
- We’ve increased the cleaning of our building including door handles, banisters and communal areas.
- We’re staying calm and not panicking.
- We’re following government advice and monitoring the situation daily.
What you can do to help
- Please wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you enter our centre.
- Continue washing your hands throughout the day.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in a bin and then wash your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- If you feel ill – have a high temperature or a new continuous cough – then stay at home (self-isolate) for 7 days until you recover.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell. If you are then don’t come in: self-isolate.
- If you can’t make it in, for whatever reason, then let us know (give us a call or email us).
We will provide regular updates
The situation will change over the coming weeks and months as more people catch the virus. We will send a regular update to communicate what’s happening here at Katherine Low Settlement.
If you have any concerns or worries then do let us know on 020 7223 2845 and [email protected]
Other useful information
NHS 111: If you are worried about your symptoms or those of a family member, friend, neighbour, please call NHS 111
UK government: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
Public Health England: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/