Volunteering is massively important for us. Without out our 200+ volunteers we simply wouldn’t exist. Our amazing volunteers are involved in all aspects of our work.
We’re always looking for more volunteers to help out, give something back to the community, learn new skills, have fun and help us celebrate our work.
Volunteers enjoy giving their time and expertise to support others in the local community of Battersea and Wandsworth. You’re never too old or too young to volunteer and everyone has got something to offer. We provide training and support and you can make friends, gain skills and improve your employability.
If you’re interested in volunteering do come in for a chat, call us on 020 7223 2845 or fill in the ‘Volunteer Application Form’ here.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- mentoring for an hour a week to support a refugee young person
- supporting one of our GCSE study groups that meet for 2 hours a week in Battersea
- helping out at a Homework Club on a Wednesday or Thursday from 4.30pm-7.00pm
- being an escort for older people on and off our minibus during the day Tuesday – Thursdays
- supporting older people as a ‘Fone Friend’- a telephone befriender with local older people
- teaching in our ESOL (English/Maths/IT) classes as a volunteer teaching assistant
- help with fundraising
- strengthen our communication and marketing
Volunteers at our Love to Learn Homework Club
Volunteering is also massively important for our local community in Battersea.
We’re currently hosting, Diana Hardman, on behalf of the Big Local SW11 Alliance, who is Battersea’s Volunteer Development Officer. Diana is working with local community organisations to develop and expand volunteering across Battersea. Do contact her on [email protected]ettlement.org.uk if you’d like her help.
New volunteer brokerage service for Wandsworth
Diana has been working with local charity, Wandsworth Care Alliance. They are establishing a volunteer brokerage service for Wandsworth. They have set up a brand new website to enable local community groups and charities to register and advertise their own volunteer roles.
To register your organisation please click on this link here. Once you have registered you will be able to post opportunities. This should be a straightforward process and the website has help functions to assist you. However, if you have any difficulties or have any feedback on your experience with the site, please email [email protected]
There’s so much to do in our community, now more than ever. We can’t do it without you. So please get stuck in, volunteer and help make Battersea a better place.
Celebrating with our volunteers back in 2019