‘Katherine Low Settlement’ and ‘We’ and ‘The Venue’ means the venue / room(s) for which a contract is agreed, based at 108 Battersea High Street, London SW11 3HP.
‘The Customer’ and ‘You’ and ‘Hirer’ mean the organising body/company and organiser responsible for commissioning of and payment for Katherine Low Settlement’s venue / room(s).
The ‘Contract’ means the agreement between ‘Katherine Low Settlement’ and ‘The Customer’ for a specific booking or series of bookings. These Terms and Conditions will form part of the Contract, together with any
other terms stated in the contract.
The ‘Premises Manager’ is Tracy Frostick. She can be contacted on 020 7223 2845 and [email protected]
Booking / Contract
1. All applications for the hire of the Katherine Low Settlement’s venue / room(s) must be online or on booking form provided and (subject to clause 2 below) the person(s) making application shall be deemed to be the Hirer.
2. All bookings are considered as provisional until both the Hirer and Katherine Low Settlement sign the Contract. Once both parties sign the contract, all such provisions reserved on your behalf will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Contract.
3. Katherine Low Settlement reserves the right to refuse any application without explanation.
4. A £100 refundable deposit will be payable to secure your booking and will be returned in full following your event subject to the room being left in a clean and tidy condition, no damage or breakages being incurred, no alarms triggered which involve call out costs and you have not over stayed your booking time. The deposit is not refundable if you cancel your event. Costs will be deducted from the deposit if incurred, and if costs are more than £100 the hirer is liable for the full amount which must be paid within seven days of hiring. The Premises Manager’s decision is final.
5. Fees are due within 28 days of the first booking for regular bookings or 14 days of the event for one-off bookings.
6. In cases of non-payment the Venue will take appropriate action to recover the debt, including referral to external debt collection services, and shall be entitled to recover all costs, interest, damages and legal
expenses (on a full indemnity basis) from the Hirer concerned (deposits excluded – see clause 2ii).
7. Katherine Low Settlement reserves the right to apply interest to any invoices not paid within terms, according to our statutory right under the Late Payments of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
8. We do NOT allow Bouncy Castles in our centre and our caretakers will not allow these to be used!
9. We do not allow any teenage parties.
10. All our bookings must finish no later than 10pm.
11. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the venue.
12. We have more than one room and you may find we have other groups using the building at the same time as you, please be considerate of other users.
13. No cooking is permitted, but you can bring in your own catering.
14. We do not have a lift to access the 1st Floor Snooker Room or the 2nd Floor Chapel Room which are up steep stairs.
15. We do not allow people to bring in their own music systems, you can hire a stereo for the Snooker room or the built in system in the Chapel room – please note there will be a charge for this.
16. Our caretaker will be able to provide you with the Wi-Fi code.
17. On weekend and evenings, our caretaker will meet you on site at the start of your booking and will ensure you have everything you need and will return when you are finished to lock up and check everything is ok.
18. Your booking time is inclusive of set up and clear up times, and please leave the room as you found it.
19. The hirer agrees to use the equipment belonging to the venue in a safe manner and return it in good working order. Do not use tape, staples or any fixing to the walls, pillars or railing as this damages the paintwork. Charges will be made for any damage to the room or equipment.
20. Were the Hirer is providing their own electronic equipment, the Hirer agrees to annually PAT test all equipment before installation. Music system is available to rent from KLS.
21. The Venue reserves the right to refuse the use of any equipment.
22. The Hirer has access to the rooms booked and at the agreed times as detailed in the booking confirmation. The use of the room(s) hired does not imply any right to use any other part of the building for deliveries, storage or other access.
23. The hirer must arrive and vacate by the agreed time and failure to do so will incur charges. In the event of unauthorised over running (after a verbal warning from the Premises Manager or caretaker), the Venue withholds the right to interrupt the Hire and exclude the hirer and third parties from the Venue with or without assistance of security.
Care of users
24. All Health and Safety incidents should be reported to the Premises manager.
25. All hirers should be familiar with and adhere to our Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies.
26. If you have any safeguarding concerns, speak to or call Fleur Anderson, Safeguarding Officer for KLS, on 07855746095.
27. Hirers have a duty of care for all guests/delegates whilst using the building and should be familiar with fire safety procedures and has an obligation to tell their guests/delegates about these terms and conditions
and ensure compliance with them. The venue will enforce compliance where relevant.
Changes or cancellation
We understand that changes happen so keep us informed if you need to change or cancel your booking.
30. Any changes to your room hire must be confirmed with KLS at least 14 days before your event and must be made by calling or speaking to the Premises Manager in the first instance, and in writing by letter or by email to [email protected]
31. If a confirmed booking is postponed, transfer of the deposit against cancellation fees may be agreed at the sole discretion of the Venue.
32. The Venue properly and reasonably reserves the right to cancel or terminate wholly or in part any booking at any time and for any reason including, but not limited to, the following:
33. If the Hirer becomes bankrupt or insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
34. If the Hirer is more than 30 days in arrears in respect of payments due to the Venue in respect of previous and/or current bookings or part(s) thereof.
35. If the Booking might, in the Venues reasonable opinion, prejudice the reputation of the Venue.
36. If the behaviour of the Hirer/guests/delegates (whether as individuals or as a group) is deemed by the Venue to be unacceptable. Partial termination could result in a number of guests/delegates being asked to leave the Venue.
37. If the activity of the Hirer/guests/delegates (whether as individuals or as a group) breaches Fire/Healthy and Safety or any legislation in any way or deemed unsafe for staff or public.
38. Any such amendment/cancellation/termination shall be without prejudice to any right of action of the Venue in respect of non-payment or any breach of the terms and conditions.
39. In the event of cancellation of the booking by Katherine Low Settlement, the Premises Manager’s decision is final and the Venue cannot accept responsibility for any inconvenience or loss caused as a consequence of such cancellation.
40. Force majeure: If, due to an event beyond its control, the Venue is (in its opinion) unable wholly or substantially to perform its obligations to a Hirer, the Venue will promptly notify the Hirer accordingly and will refund any relevant deposit and/or other pre-payment paid to it in respect of the Booking, to the Hirer.
Liability / Insurance
41. To the fullest extent permitted by law the Venue shall not be liable for:
Any loss or damage to property of the Hirer or their guests/delegates.
Any inconvenience or loss caused to any party as a result of cancellation or termination.
42. The Hirer should make provisions to remove all items of personal/corporate property from the Venue at the end of their booking, as stated on the contract, or if the event is for more than one day, to make
arrangements to remove all items of personal/corporate property from the premises at the end of each day.
43. Appropriate insurance cover should be obtained by the Hirer to indemnify the Venue against claims which may be made against it in respect of loss or damage which the Venue may suffer. Such insurance should also cover the risk of bodily injury or death to the Hirer, their guests/delegates, their servants, contractors, agents or licensees and members of the group or any third parties. This excludes any such loss, damage, injury, or death as may be caused by the act, default or negligence of the Venue. The Hirer is recommended in advance to check that their personal insurance adequately covers the losses set out above.
44. If insurance is deemed necessary the Hirer will provide to the Venue on request full details of any insurance obtained.
Complaints / Disputes
45. In the first instance, any problems or complaints relating to the Venue, additional services or these terms and conditions should be referred to the Venue, to the Premises Manager during the event and/or followed up by email or phone call. The Hirer/guest/delegate may be required to make a formal written report prior to any formal investigation. Complaints and disputes will normally be investigated and solved by mediation within Katherine Low Settlement.
General / Other
46. Use of “Katherine Low Settlement” and the Katherine Low Settlement logo is not allowed, unless prior written permission is sought with the Premises Manager. Katherine Low Settlement will take all appropriate steps to protect the use of its name, including legal action where necessary. In particular, please note that your booking at the Venue is subject to your agreeing that:
47. You will not state, imply or give the impression in any information that the Katherine Low Settlement is in any way responsible for the management or conduct of your room hire activity/event.
48. Reference to Katherine Low Settlement’s name may only be made in travelling and location directions for guests/delegates.
49. The Venue must comply with certain licensing and statutory regulations and requires the Customer to fulfil their obligations in this respect.
50. Performing Rights: No copyright dramatic or musical work can be performed unless the licence of the owner of the copyright is produced to the Venue before the hiring. The charges include (where applicable) all payments in respect of the hirer(s) liability under the Copyright Acts. The Hirer shall indemnify Katherine Low Settlement against any infringement of copyright which may occur during the hiring.