With less than two weeks to go until Spring Steps launches, we’ve been preparing to up our activity levels, with all of our projects planning special events to maximise their step counts between 11th and 18th March 2022.
A recent survey showed that 80% of KLS members (what we call our service users/clients) reported a drop in activity levels during the lockdowns. With your help we want to get our community back on its feet, reduce isolation and improve physical wellbeing. Funds raised will be used to support Battersea children, young people and their families, older people, women and refugees and newly-arrived communities; many of these groups were among the hardest hit by the pandemic.
There’s still time to register for Spring Steps, simply follow this LINK sign up.
- Plan to walk as many steps as you can between 11th and 18th March 2022
- Use your online event page (register to find out more) to set a target for distance. How far will you walk? Could you manage 10 miles in a week? Every step counts!
- Tell friends and family about your challenge and ask them to sponsor you via your page or off-line in cash. Just a few pounds will make a huge difference. Set a fundraising target and don’t forget to keep your supporters updated on your progress.
- Get in touch if you need help setting up your page or have a question – [email protected]
Thank you for your support we can’t do this without you.
Here are some answers to a few questions you might have:
How do I invite my friends and family to sponsor me?
Once you’ve registered, follow your unique link to your event page. You can do this from the confirmation email we sent you when you signed up. From here use the share this page panel to share via social media or copy the link to your family and friends using the link button. Paste the link into email or WhatsApp messages and your supporters will be sent straight to your page.
If you are a team you could create a QR Code link. Contact us to find our how.
How do I register my steps?
To enter your activity manually on your event page you can select the ADD AN ACTIVITY button and add the distance and date of your walk when prompted. It’s fine to estimate – it takes around 30 minutes to walk 2 miles.
Should I set a target?
Yes, please do set a target for distance and fundraising. Follow the link to your event page. You can do this from the confirmation email we sent you.
On the right of the page click EDIT DISTANCE and set your target in miles. On average 10,000 steps is 5 miles which might help you decide what’s manageable for you or your team.
Use the EDIT TARGET button to set you fundraising target. Could you raise £100 or more? Do get in touch if you’d like some help setting your targets – [email protected]
Can people give sponsorship payments in cash?
Yes, that’s no problem. If you would like to collect off-line cash donations, then we can send you a paper sponsorship form. Any cash donations can be recorded via the ADD OFFLINE DONATIONS button.
How will the funds I raise help KLS?
- A donation of £20 – Could pay for older person to go on a day trip. During these difficult times our elders can feel lonely and isolated at home. Regular outings on our minibus give our elders a chance to get out and about, to see their friends and also improves their confidence, helping our elders to lead more active lives.
- A donation of £50 – Could buy a weekly ESOL (English) session and enable a vulnerable person to improve their English. Studying English helps adult learners to increase their confidence and independence, make new friendships and widen social networks, and enables parents to support their children with their education.
- A donation of £250 – Could fund a laptop to help our GCSE Study Groups to access their school’s online learning portals, and enable supervised online access for their homework and studies. Our GCSE Study Groups meet every week to help with preparation for exams. Students are supported by staff and specially trained volunteers.
What is the event on 18th March?
Our amazing fitness and dance teacher Hannah will be leading some gentle post-walk stretches, for our staff and supporters, in Fred Wells Gardens at 12 noon on Friday 18th March. This is literally 50 yards down the street from KLS. Come along and meet other steppers, find out our final step total, see which individual managed the most steps and enjoy some well deserved refreshments!
I can’t take part this year, can I still make a donation?
Of course, that would be most welcome. Just visit here to make a donation (and don’t forget to add Gift Aid).
Thank you! Please support our KLS Team via this link and we’ll keep you posted on our step total.
If you have any more questions then please contact Annabel on [email protected] and 020 7223 2845.