“The casework has been a great strength. It has provided an extra layer of support. Issues that are the most difficult to get to are also the most difficult to unpick. Jo (Love to Learn caseworker) has been able to get alongside these families and build relationships. Through this the parents have understood that the school is there to help.”
Teacher, Eardley Primary School
LOVE TO LEARN works in partnership with local primary and secondary schools in Wandsworth. We believe that this partnership work is essential to our service and we value our links and relationships with teachers and school staff.
What can we provide to schools and teachers?
- We take referrals of young people from refugee backgrounds who might need additional support with their learning – we can carry out home visits, accompany parents to school meetings, and support home-school liaison;
- We can provide casework and advocacy to parents for issues around SEN, exclusions, appeals, applications;
- We provide learning mentors for those young people most in need of support (waiting list);
- We offer places at our Wednesday Club for support with homework and activities (waiting list);
- We provide ESOL for Education workshops for parents in Battersea;
- We provide trips and holiday activities for young people from refugee backgrounds.
To refer a young person, please complete our referral form (or give us a call!): Love to Learn Referral Form 2012
We would particularly like to thank the following schools for their collaborative work with us…
- BURNTWOOD SCHOOL
- SOUTHFIELDS ACADEMY
- BATTERSEA PARK SCHOOL
- CHESTNUT GROVE ACADEMY
- GRANARD SCHOOL
- CHESTERTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
- EARDLEY PRIMARY SCHOOL
- THE ALTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
- ST GEORGES PRIMARY SCHOOL
- FALCONBROOK PRIMARY SCHOOL
- HIGH VIEW PRIMARY SCHOOL