We’re looking for volunteers who can work with our Elders Team with the following:
1. Minibus Escorts: to help our driver with the morning pick up round for our exercises classes, lunch clubs and other activities – escorting elders from their door to the minibus and returning them to their home at the end of their sessions.
Current slots available:
- Tuesdays slot is between the time of 9.30am – 4pm,
- Wednesdays slot is between 10.30am – 3pm
- Thursdays slot is between 9.30am – 1.15pm
2. Exercise Support Volunteers: Assisting our exercise tutors Mariana, Hannah and Dawn with chair exercise and other exercise classes for our elders. Helping set up the room, assisting people to get to and from the class from within the centre. Vacancy for Tuesdays 11.15am-12.40pm.
3. Digital Champions: To assist the Elders Digital Tech Up Battersea project to support our elders gain confidence and knowledge using technology such as getting the most of out of their devices, accessing Zoom and WhatsApp, creating an email, accessing Facebook and other social media channels and signing up and using other services such as medical and council websites. Flexible sessions TBC.
4. Monitoring and Case Study Volunteer: Interviewing our members to gather case studies that will help our services by receiving feedback, collecting a history of what we do, create evidence for our fundraiser to continue the service and marketing to others that we may be able to support that we are here. Two hours a week during office hours TBC.
5. Local Walks Support Volunteers: to assist as back markers and to offer company on walks. 1-2 hours duration. Walks of differing lengths. Various starting points. Times and days TBC.
6. Monitoring and Evaluation Volunteers: To phone Age Well service users to assist in gathering and completing monitoring and evaluation forms. Time commitment flexible.
7. Age Well Telephone Cheerleaders: to remind members about ‘up and coming’ events. To help encourage/prompt members to attend their regular group activities to reduce DNA’s. To help follow up on any non attenders and to feedback to Kerry the reasons for non attendance. To help support members participating in the Age Well home exercise activity programme by helping them set individual achievable goals and by offering encouragement and praise. To keep a record of individual achievements creating evidence for our funders. Time commitment flexible.
For more information on these roles please contact Sarah on 0207 223 2845 or [email protected]
or fill in our Volunteer Application Form here.