We want to share an update that’s just gone out about the Power to Connect campaign.
At the end of our first month of operation, we have achieved the following:
- 136 devices donated so far
- 105 devices refurbished and delivered to 21 schools
- 24 volunteers signed up
- 2 laptops updated & delivered to Syrian refugee families in partnership with Wandsworth Welcomes Refugees
Michelle living in Battersea who received a laptop donation for her family, said:
“Without access to a laptop and having to home-school has been incredibly challenging. As a family we found it difficult to continue with the school’s curriculum whilst being at home without the necessary technology required to do so. With the laptop received from the Power to Connect campaign, we are now in a much stronger position to continue the pace of learning at a much closer rate to that of pre-COVID-19.”
As you can see, the campaign is making a difference and supporting families across the borough of Wandsworth in these tough times.
If you would like more information about the difference that Power to Connect is making, you can:
- Follow Power to Connect on Twitter: @PWRtoConnect
- Visit our website to donate your old (but working) laptop: www.powertoconnect.co.uk
Thank you all your support. We will continue to keep you up to date.