Come and work for a busy, much-loved community-based charity, that’s been working in the heart of Battersea, south London since 1924.
We’re looking for new staff to join our team:
- Elders Team – Driver/Support Worker
1. Elders Team – KLS’ Older People’s Driver/Support Worker
20 hours per week; £10.85 per hour (London Living Wage); Battersea, London SW11
- Work with our older people to determine and support their transport needs
- Drive KLS’ minibus including route planning and arranging pick-up schedules of older people to and from KLS’ activities on Tues/Wed/Thurs
- Actively support the social and support needs of our older people as appropriate
- Take responsibility for upkeep and maintenance of KLS’ minibus, including booking MOTs
The job application pack (including the job description) can be downloaded here: KLS Elders – Driver & Support Worker – Job Application Pack – Oct21
Closing date for applications: Open. We will assess and interview candidates as they apply.
Would you consider volunteering with us? We have lots of opportunities…
We rely on volunteers to run all of our services. If you’re interested in volunteering do come in for a chat or fill in the ‘contact us’ form.
- mentoring for an hour a week to support a refugee young person
- supporting one of our GCSE study groups that meet for 2 hours a week in Battersea
- helping out at a Homework Club on a Wednesday or Thursday from 4.30pm-7.00pm
- being an escort for older people on and off our minibus during the day Tuesday – Thursdays
- supporting older people as a ‘Fone Friend’- a telephone befriender
For more info about volunteering at KLS please visit our volunteers page.