We’re looking for an amazing fundraiser to join our team as our new Fundraising Manager (with a focus on Trusts and Major Donors). Come and work for a busy, much-loved community-based charity, that’s been working in the heart of Battersea, south London since 1924.
Please get in touch to find out more about the role and/or just apply via the job application pack here: KLS Fundraising Manager – Trusts Major Donors – Job Application Pack Oct20
Fundraising Manager (Trusts/Major Donors) (new post)
£35,000 (+ 5% employer pension contribution)
Full-time: 35 hours/week (flexible working available)
Working with KLS’ Director
Based at 108 Battersea High Street, London SW11 3HP, and working from home during the pandemic.
Why a new ‘Fundraising Manager’ is needed
The strengths of Katherine Low Settlement lie in our relationships, facilities, reputation and fundraising capability to empower communities in Wandsworth in their fight against poverty and isolation. Our latest 5-year strategy sets out our plans to broaden the range of services and activities. We are already at capacity fitting fundraising and income generation into the myriad of day-to-day operational work.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced fundraiser to raise more funding from charitable trusts and foundations and major donors; and then manage the relationships and grants we secure. You will work alongside our CEO (an experienced fundraiser) to build fantastic relationships with our supporters and bring in substantial gifts.
This is an exciting and opportune time for an experienced fundraiser to join our team.
Objectives for this Role
- Successfully generate income in line with KLS 5-year strategy, fundraising plan and annual budget.
- Develop and maintain relationships with, and secure funds from, a portfolio of loyal and prospective supporters (priority is Charitable Trusts, Foundations and the Lottery, and Major Donors) – putting strong and enduring relationships at heart of our fundraising work.
The job application pack (including the job description) can be downloaded here: KLS Fundraising Manager – Trusts Major Donors – Job Application Pack Oct20
Please complete KLS’ Job Application Form, Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, KLS’ Employment Self-Declaration and Disclosure Form and return to Filsan Osman at [email protected]
Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am on Monday 7th December 2020
Interview Dates: w/c 14th December 2020
For further information and an informal chat about this post please contact Aaron Barbour, KLS’ Director on [email protected]
Would you consider volunteering with us? We have lots of opportunities…
We rely on volunteers to run all of our services. If you’re interested in volunteering do come in for a chat or fill in the ‘contact us’ form.
- mentoring for an hour a week to support a refugee young person
- supporting one of our GCSE study groups that meet for 2 hours a week in Battersea
- helping out at a Homework Club on a Wednesday or Thursday from 4.30pm-7.00pm
- being an escort for older people on and off our minibus during the day Tuesday – Thursdays
- supporting older people as a ‘Fone Friend’- a telephone befriender
In October 2020, our Love to Learn programme is starting a new youth club for Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children aged 16 – 21. We are looking for committed volunteers to support this group with English and Maths whilst facilitating a positive and relaxed environment. There will be additional activities such as cooking, table tennis and snooker. If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity please contact Josh at [email protected] for an application form.
Download Volunteering Opportunities at Katherine Low Settlement – List – 2020 for more info.