Wandsworth Digital – Resources & Information Pack
The team at Wandsworth Digital have put together this useful ‘Resources & Information Pack’ about all things digital in the borough. It’s a list of where to get support, help, training, funding etc. for anything digital.
You can also download this here: Wandsworth Digital – Resources & Information – 12April21
Let us know if we should be adding/editing this list. And… if in doubt use ‘Google’ for your own searches. We hope it helps. Let us know how you get on. If you need anything, please get in touch with [email protected]
- Connectivity / Data
*This is not a comprehensive list – please help us build this list and so tell us what we’ve missed*
- Devices (donated)
Connectivity / Data
- Connectivity / Data / Broadband
- Connectivity Hardware / Wi-Fi
- GetBoxwhich provides low-cost, secure and rapidly deployable Wi-Fi to disconnected communities. This is at an initial cost of £225 plus £15-20 a month for Data. With the use of smaller transition radios this can give free Wi-Fi to 30 families. Richard Thaki is their Director. https://www.janga.la/
- Hyperoptic will be installing free Wi-Fi in the communal areas of council estates in RBKC. something to consider in for Wandsworth https://www.hyperoptic.com/
- Digital Training for Organisations (join their mailing lists for regular updates)
- Digital Training for Residents (Wandsworth)
- Safety online
- Support for charities and community organisations
- Volunteers offering tech support
- Volunteers offering support specific to Covid-19
- Support for Individuals during Covid-19
- Information platforms
- Reports on various digital inclusion issues
ii. Government – Central
iii. Government – Local
- Weekly/Regular updates and comms
For weekly newsletters and updates sign up to these:
- Funding Databases
- Funds available for Digital work specifically (thanks to Charity Excellence Framework)
- Bethnal Green Ventures– funding accelerator twice a year that gives out monetary support, mainly to start-ups, using tech to drive social and environmental change.
- Clothworkers Foundation– will fund IT, including digital/audio visual equipment.
- DCMS – occasional tech for good grants and support for charities.
- Eddie and Vanessa George Memorial Fund– grants for IT training for people in Cornwall.
- Family Fund– computers and tablets for disabled people and their families.
- Fat Beehive Foundation– grants relating to the use of Information Technology
- Germinate– computers for rural people.
- Misys Charitable Foundation– public education in communications and IT, and their application in commerce.
- National Lottery Digital Fund– using digital tools and approaches to support people and communities to thrive.
- Nesta – large-scale innovation for challenges such as healthcare, public services and infrastructure.
- Social Tech Trust– previously Nominate, transforming lives with technology.
- Thomas Wall Trust– up £5,000 towards specific projects or core activities that support literacy, numeracy, digital and additional skills for learning likely to assist employment prospects. Registered charities, with income under £0.5m pa.
- WCIT– pro bono support and grants.
Please keep your eyes open for funding opportunities for Wandsworth Digital and let us know. Thanks.
- Funders – Wandsworth funders for charities & community groups (who might fund digital work)
To help us update this list please contact:
020 7223 2845